Erasmus+ Key Action 1 How to apply for Mobility for VET Learners and Staff
Who can apply?
Any public or private organisation active in the field of vocational education and training (defined as a VET organisation) or active in the labour market or in the field of education, training and youth and based in one of the twenty-eight Member States of the European Union or in any of the other pre-accession countries such as Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Turkey is eligible to apply for an Erasmus+ Mobility grant.
When to apply?
Applicants have to submit their grant application by 17 march at 12pm (midday Brussels time) for projects starting between 1st June and 31th December. Be careful! There will be only one deadline in 2014.
How to apply?
To submit an Erasmus+ project, applicants must follow the steps described below:
- register your organisation on the European Commission Authentification Service (ECAS) and log in to the Participant Portal with your ECAS account details and register your organisation in order to obtain your Participant Identification Code (PIC). For more information you can read the Participant Portal User Manual before to register;
- Contact your Erasmus+ National Agency in order to be provided/download the KA1 Mobility Project Application Form for VET Learners and Staff. Read the KA1 Application Guidance for VET carefully before to fill the eForm;
- Use the Distance Calculator to calculate travel costs for your project;
- Fill all the required fields on the eForm. Note that fields appearing in grey where you are unable to enter data are Pre-filled or Calculated Fields and will be automatically calculated.
- Validate the form, print and sign the Declaration of Honour. The signed Declaration of Honour then needs to be scanned and attached as an annex before the application form is submitted online.
- Submit the application form online before 12am CET (Brussels) time on 17th March 2014.
Remarks and Suggestions for a successfull application:
- It is compulsory to get a PIC code otherwise you will not be able to complete the application eForm for your organisation;
- A mobility project is transnational and involves a minimum of two participating organisations (at least one sending and at least one receiving organisation) from different countries. All partners organisations need to register on the European Commission’s Participant Portal in order to obtain a PIC number before they can be included in an application.
- The applicants must ensure they are connected to the internet then enter their partner organisation’s PIC number into this selection and click the “Check PIC” button. The partner organisation’s information will automatically populate the form.
- According to previous point it is not compulsory to include Associazione Artistica Culturale A Rocca as partner (course provider) but this action might improve the application. In any case our PIC code is 948307988.
- It is not necessary to note the tittle of the course but only the country (i.e. Italy) and point on the destination city in the distance calculator.
- It is important to emphasize the meaning of the project, the benefits and impact provided by the planned project on to you, participants or the community.
- Note that amount of the requested grant cannot be changed after your application is being approved.
- The length of the project can be 12 or 24 months. The period includes all actions related to project (not just the course session), starting from requirement and till evaluation and dissemination. Earliest starting date is July 2014 and the latest start day is 30 june 2016.
- There is no limit for allowed amount of staff mobility. It should be in accordance with the size of the company.
- For public bodies like schools, it is not necessary to prove the financial capacity; ifthe required grant reaches 60 000€ it is necessary to approve your financial capacity.
- For one application round each organisation can submit only one project application.
- As the biggest part of the available grant is located in scholls that is why those institutions should use this opportunity and apply until 17 March 2014.
- For better proposal, we suggest you to also look up the following guides: Key Action 1 Guide for Applicants and Erasmus+ Guide.
If you wish to set up cooperation with our organisation we can offer you some suggestions how to improve the application forms in order to increase your chances to be selected. Please, feel free to contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org